Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Single White Female'd

I've decided I'm being Single White Female'd. 

I tried to come up with a clever analogy for it, and I'm at a loss.

Mostly it's a people thing, not a look alike thing, but it's starting to irritate.

It all started with Facebook, where most things evil begin. 

I noticed that she seemed to be friends with all of my best friends.

Which is fine.  They hang together when I'm around and maybe they really like each other.

Then I introduced her to old friend of mine and she started a FWB thing with him.  (Well, I think it was a FWB thing for him, but an Always and Forever thing for her.) 

Awesome.  I wish them well, but please don't tell me details, he's like family.

Then, through him, she met some more almost family people and started hanging out with them.

Good for her, though kind of freaky, they are great people and very good at taking people under their wing.

Then she told me that she had a good time hanging out with my Aunt.

Not my almost Aunt.  Not my courtesy Aunt.  My born from the loins of my mother's mother Aunt.

Sorry.  I draw the line at real blood relations.  You can't hang out with/talk to almost every good friend I have now AND have had in my past AND spend time with my relatives without it looking a bit like you're invading my bubble.

And I didn't even place a personal ad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's your move..