Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Out-Laws

I'm pretty angry with the King's mother right now.

I opened the door for it by being very honest with her, but still, I'm angry.  And more than a little hurt.

She told me that she thought it sounded like I was "punishing" the King  for being sick.

Excuse me?

She says that expecting him to help around the house, and the very possibility that I might have to cut off his smart phone said that I was punishing him for being sick.

And that I knew he was sick when I married him.

I'm sorry...

Bitch say what?!?!?!?!

First of all, I recognize and admit that I've been pretty waspish lately.  I'm tired, worried, stressed and sick.  So I'm prepared to believe that something I said came across wrong.  But seriously?!?!

Second, I didn't know this was coming before our second anniversary when I married the King.  True, I knew he had cancer, and I was starting to understand the mobility issues that would be later revealed as osteonecrosis.  But this?!?!  I had no fucking clue.  I didn't even know you could have cirrhosis of the liver at the ripe old age of 36 fucking years old.

Thirdly, I'm punishing him because I think he should fold the laundry and pick up the house a little while I'm at my two jobs?
Maybe you're Superwoman and able to:
get up, work-out, dress and feed children and husband, get ready for work, go to work, take husband to the dr., come home, help with homework, feed and bathe children and husband, work job number two, clean the house, do the laundry, check the backpacks, refill the pill box, go to the grocery store, unload and put away the groceries, then maybe get some sleep. 
But I'm not. 
I'm not Superwoman, and I need some help.  I'm not asking him to clean the floors with a toothbrush every day.  I just think that he's capable of picking up the house a little, maybe do some laundry and hopefully cook a bit. 
And believe me, he's capable.

And Lastly and Most Importantly,  I realize you're his mother.  But I'm his WIFE.  God chose you for him and you've done a fantastic job, thank you.  But the King chose me.  He chose me to be his partner because he loves me, respects me and trusts me.  He values my opinion and agrees with my choices.  We are a team.  And there is nothing that I would say or do that he would not agree with me on (at least in public).  So take your nose back to Colorado where it belongs.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the King's mother needs to be banished from the castle.

    ReplyDelete

It's your move..