Saturday, September 3, 2011

Its a Conspiracy

We have three dogs, a dog door and backyard full of trash.  Up until yesterday afternoon I had theories as to how the trash came to the backyard, but no proof.

Yesterday I got my proof.

My dog Checkers is a beautiful, sweet, large, stupid goldendoodle.


My son's dog, Tic, is a smart, devious, adorable dauchshund.


My daughter's dog, Tac, is a bitch.  She's also a dauchsund, and she is pretty sweet, but she's a bitch in both senses of the word.



Our trash can is tall.  So I knew that Tic and Tac would never be able to reach it, and I also knew that Checkers is way too dumb to figure out how to open the lid by himself, and also to take the loot outside to hide it.

But then I came home from the hospital to take a nap and stepped outside for a little while. 

Tic and Tac were sitting on the back porch calmly and then Checkers bolted out the dog door with a plate in mouth.  He deposited it on the ground in front of Tic and then turned around and went back inside.  In a few seconds he came back out with a lunch baggy and gave that to Tac and turned around and ran back inside. 

Meanwhile I'm sitting in my chair amazed. 

When he came back with an empty water bottle I called to him.

He had the cutest look on his face and came right to me, tail wagging.

Tic and Tace ran inside.

Damn dauchshund instigators.

1 comment:

  1. Tic and Tac? LOL!!!!

    They're awfully cute, regardless of their evil antics!

    ReplyDelete

It's your move..